International Parental Child Abduction

Sri Lanka and the United States are treaty partners under the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention).

If your child has been abducted from the U.S. to Sri Lanka, speak with a U.S. State Department officer to discuss your case. We know what resources are available in different countries and can answer questions.

Visit the Office of Children’s Issues for more information and resources related to International Parental Child Abduction.