Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

There is no Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office at the Embassy.

Taxpayer service, formerly offered by IRS offices overseas, is no longer available.  The IRS has created the International Taxpayer webpage to help answer questions and provide the forms needed to navigate some of the complexities faced by American citizens and other taxpayers who live and work abroad.  Other resources include information on the foreign earned income and foreign housing exclusions and foreign tax credit, along with instructions on how to catch up on filing tax returns.  The web site also offers information on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBARS).

If you are a taxpayer who lives outside the United States and have specific individual or business account questions, you may contact the International Taxpayer Service Call Center by phone or fax.
The International Call Center is operational Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Eastern Time):

Tel: (267) 941-1000 (not toll-free)
Fax: (267) 941-1055

International Taxpayer Advocate

To request Taxpayer Advocate assistance, call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free number 1-877-777-4778.