November 14, 2019
Location: Nationwide, Sri Lanka.
Event: The U.S. Embassy reminds American citizens of the potential for demonstrations before, during, and after the November 16, 2019, presidential election. There is no change to the current Level 2 Travel Advisory (“Exercise Increased Caution”).
Actions to Take:
– Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
– Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
– Follow the instructions of local authorities.
– Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
– Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
– Follow the U.S. Embassy Colombo on Facebook and Twitter.
– U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy – Colombo, Sri Lanka
+94 11 249-8500 Phone
+94 077-725-6307 Phone (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages, follow the link below. Select “unsubscribe” and enter your email address: