March 18, 2020
Location: Puttalam and Negombo, Sri Lanka.
Event: The Sri Lankan government has declared local curfews beginning at 4:30 p.m. on March 18, 2020 in Puttalam, Kochchikade, Negombo, and Chilaw. Additional curfews and checkpoints are possible with little notice in the immediate future.
Actions to Take:
– Follow the instructions of local authorities.
– Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
– Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
– Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
– U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy – Colombo Sri Lanka
210 Galle Road, Colombo 03
+94 11-249-8500 phone
+94 77-725-6307 phone (after hours emergencies)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sri Lanka Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages, follow the link below. Select “unsubscribe” and enter your email address: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx