March 18, 2020
Location: Puttalam and Negombo, Sri Lanka.
Event: The Sri Lankan government has declared local curfews beginning at 4:30 p.m. on March 18, 2020 in Puttalam, Kochchikade, Negombo, and Chilaw. Additional curfews and checkpoints are possible with little notice in the immediate future.
Actions to Take:
– Follow the instructions of local authorities.
– Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
– Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
– Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
– U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy – Colombo Sri Lanka
210 Galle Road, Colombo 03
+94 11-249-8500 phone
+94 77-725-6307 phone (after hours emergencies)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sri Lanka Country Information
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages, follow the link below. Select “unsubscribe” and enter your email address: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx