Location: Sri Lanka
Event: Sri Lankan authorities are reporting that additional attacks may occur targeting places of worship. Avoid these areas over the weekend, starting tomorrow, April 26th through Sunday, April 28th. Continue to remain vigilant and avoid large crowds.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy – Colombo, Sri Lanka
+94 11 249-8500 Phone
+94 077-725-6307 Phone (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Sri Lanka Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Sri Lanka.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.