Location: Sri Lanka
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China.
As of March 17, there are 43 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Sri Lanka. The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19..
On March 17, 2020 the government of Sri Lanka announced that all international airports in Sri Lanka will be closed to arriving international commercial passenger flights from 19 March to 25 March, 2020.
According to Sri Lankan authorities, during this period, aircraft departures, passenger connections, and transits to other flights will be permitted. Flights arriving without passengers for the purpose of picking up departing passengers will also be permitted. We urge outbound passengers to contact their airlines for more information.
Visit the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health Epidemiology Unit COVID-19 website http://www.epid.gov.lk/web/index.php?lang=en for updated health information.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://lk.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Sri Lanka.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy – Colombo Sri Lanka
+94 11-249-9500 phone
+94 77-725-6307 phone (after hours emergencies)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Sri Lanka Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter