The U.S. Embassy established the American Corner Kandy in collaboration with the Kandy Municipal Council in 2004. The American Corner provides information about the United States; facilitates English language learning; promotes U.S. higher education through EducationUSA advising; and hosts a variety of programs including photography and Makerspace classes. The corner is equipped with laptops, iMacs, iPads, audiovisual materials, over 1,700 books, film (DVD) collection includes award winning Hollywood movies and documentaries, and journals collection.
Products & Services
- Free internet access
- Cultural programs
- Books and multimedia collections and periodicals
- U.S. Government materials
Events & Programs
- English communication skills with reading clubs
- Interactive training programs to promote entrepreneurship and youth leadership skills
- Public lectures and panel discussion on thematic topics with screening of documentary films
- Webinars with experts from the United States
- Weekly film screenings for children, youth, and public
- Education advising for higher education in the United States
- Cultural programs and many more.
American Corner Kandy
D.S. Senanayaka Memorial Public Library,