Location: 210, Galle Road, Colombo 03.
Event: The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens of a protest organized by the Socialist Students Union to be held in front of the Embassy today at approximately 1:00 p.m. The demonstration is expected to last approximately one hour and to be comprised of 100 protestors.
Actions to Take:
– Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
– Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
– Follow the instructions of local authorities.
– Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
– Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
– Follow the U.S. Embassy Colombo on Facebook and Twitter.
– U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy – Colombo, Sri Lanka
+94 11 249-8500 Phone
+94 077-725-6307 Phone (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444